Jonathan’s 2016 NBA Mock Draft
Updated September 1, 2015
1. Philadelphia 76ers – Ben Simmons, SF, 6’9″, LSU
Big time talent, skilled point forward. If perimeter game improves he is a total package.
2. Denver Nuggets – Skal Labessiere, C/PF, 6’11”, Kentucky
Great skills for a big man. Also nice shooting touch. Now must get stronger to bang with NBA bigs.
3. Los Angeles Lakers – Jaylen Brown, SF, 6’7″, California
Athletic ,strong small forward with NBA body. Could star in the league with a more consistent jump shot.
4. Detroit Pistons – Dragan Bender, PF, 7’0″, Croatia
Skilled big man with nice perimeter game. Must add weight and get stronger.
5. Dallas Mavericks – Henry Ellenson, PF, 6’10”, Marquette
Strong power forward with a nice handle. Good shooting and passing skills.
6. Toronto Raptors (from NY) – Ivan Rabb, PF, 6’10”, California
Great athleticism and length, excellent rim protector. Must bulk up and get stronger.
7. Portland Trail Blazers – Brandon Ingram, SF, 6’9″, Duke
Very athletic nice sized small forward with excellent offensive game. Sweet jumper. High upside.
8. Boston Celtics (from Brooklyn) – Jackob Poeltl, C, 7’0″, Utah
Legit seven footer who rebounds, defends and runs the floor well. Must keep developing his post up game.
9. Charlotte Hornets – Jamal Murray, PG, 6’5″, Kentucky
Very talented combo guard with high IQ. Processes nice slashing and passing skills. Also has a good perimeter game.
10. Orlando Magics – Cheick Diallo, PF, 6’9″, Kansas
Very athletic with great motor. Good defender and rebounded. Still developing his mid range game.
11. Sacramento Kings – Caris LeVert, SG, 6’7″, Michigan
Nice length and quickness for a two guard. Processes a good all around offensive game, nice jump shot and gets to the rim. Also a solid defender.
12. Boston Celtics – Malik Newman, SG, 6’3″, Mississippi State
A terrific scorer despite being undersized. Slashes to the rim with ease and has a nice mid range game. Improving his three point shooting.
13. Minnesota Timberwolves – Kris Dunn, PG, 6’3″, Providence
Too much talent to pass up at 13. Excellent all around game with quick first step, good shooting and passing skills. Very athletic.
14. New Orleans Pelicans – Dwayne Bacon, SG, 6’6″, Florida State
Excellent athlete. High riser with great quickness. Developing a nice perimeter game. High upside.
15. Phoenix Suns – Domantas Sabonis, PF, 6’10”, Gonzaga
High IQ . Strong post game, good rebounded with nice passing skills. Also a good defender.
16. Indiana Pacers – Diamond Stone, C, 6’10”, Maryland
Big strong center with nice skills. Good mid range jumper and has a low post game. Not however a rim protector.
17. Washington Wizards – Stephen Zimmerman, C, 7’0″, UNLV
Excellent skills for a big man. Runs the floor well and has a nice shooting touch up to three point range. Must get stronger.
18. Utah Jazz – Justin Jackson, SF, 6’8″, North Carolina
Nice NBA small forward skills. Good shooting touch and mid range jumper. Would benefit from adding weight and strength.
19. Toronto Raptors – Damian Jones, PF, 6’11”, Vanderbilt
Strong athletic NBA body who could also play center. Good defender and rebounded. Must become more consistent.
20. Milwaukee Bucks – Isaiah Briscoe, PG, 6’3″, Kentucky
Nice point guard skills with strength and quickness. Good creator and handle. Not a consistent outside shooter. Could maybe stay another year at Kentucky but with the plethora of point guards in the 2017 draft class, it’s likely he declares.
21. Atlanta Hawks – Furkan Korkmaz, SG, 6’6″, Turkey
Excellent scorer with three point range. Takes big shots . Will he be able to defend in the NBA is the question.
22. Memphis Grizzles – Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, SG, 6’7″, Kansas
Athletic shooting guard with great size and length. Can play above the rim as well as processing three point range. Nice upside.
23. Denver Nuggets (from Houston) – Malik Pope, SF, 6’10”, San Diego State
Combo Forward with sweet shooting touch. Cam play under the rim as well .Decent defender who can block shots . Would benefit from additional weight and strength.
24. Philadelphia 76ers (from Miami) – Melo Trimble, SG, 6’3″, Maryland
Crafty point guard and good distributor who processes a nice shooting touch. Not very athletic.
25. Chicago Bulls – Daniel Hamilton, SG, 6’7″, UConn
Long athletic two guard who has good hops and a decent mid range game. Good defender who could improve on his three point shooting.
26. Los Angeles Clippers – Zhou Qi, C, 7’2″, China
Tall Lanky sweet shooting center who can hit three point shots. Nice mid range game as well. Must add weight and strength.
27. Golden State Warriors – Amida Brimah, C, 7’0″, UConn
Athletic big man with hops. Excellent defender and rim protector. Not much of an offensive game. Could add weight and strength.
28. San Antonio Spurs – Egemen Gueven, PF, 6’11”, Turkey
Pau Gasol like versatile big man with nice offensive game. Not particularly quick.
29. Philadelphia 76ers (from OKC) – Zac Irvin, SG, 6’6″, Michigan
Talented shooting guard with nice touch extending to three point range. Improving game with good upside.
30. Cleveland Cavaliers – Brice Johnson, PF, 6’9″, North Carolina
High flying power forward . Dunks, blocks shots and defends. Could add some weight for the next level.