SEC Power Rankings Week 10
LSU upset Ole Miss this past week 10-7 in a classic defensive matchup. LSU remained sixth in my rankings this week, but they are quickly on the rise and will have a key matchup when they host Alabama in two weeks.
Alabama is coming off a win at Tennessee. The Crimson Tide got off to a quick start, with a 27-0 lead in the first half, but the Vols stormed back and got within two touchdowns late in the game. Alabama would go on to win 34-20. Alabama moves up to number two with the Ole Miss loss and the Rebels will have a chance to regain that spot with a victory over Auburn. Ole Miss has been lucked out this season, with most of their conference games being at home.
Auburn moved up a spot, after beating South Carolina by a touchdown. I still haven’t figured out this team and they will have a chance to prove themselves this week when they travel to play Ole Miss. South Carolina continues to struggle and will have a big game this week against Tennessee. The Gamecocks will look to avoid going below .500.
Missouri beat Vanderbilt by a touchdown to remain in the race for the east division, which has dwindled to a two team race. Missouri only conference loss came to the division leader Georgia. Missouri will play Kentucky and can’t afford a loss at this point. Missouri still has a chance with Georgia still having to play Auburn in a few weeks.
Mississippi State remained number one, after beating Kentucky by two touchdowns. Kentucky impressed me and I think they will compete in the east next season.
- Mississippi State (7-0, 4-0) Next Week: vs Arkansas
- Alabama (7-1, 4-1) Next Week: bye week
- Auburn (6-1, 3-1) Next Week: at #7 Ole Miss
- Ole Miss (7-1, 4-1) Next Week: vs #4 Auburn
- Georgia (6-1, 3-1) Next Week: vs Florida*
- LSU (7-2, 3-2) Next Week: bye week
- Missouri (6-2, 3-1) Next Week: vs Kentucky
- Texas A&M (5-3, 2-3) Next Week: vs Louisiana-Monroe
- Florida (3-3, 2-3) Next Week: vs #9 Georgia*
- Kentucky (5-3, 2-3) Next Week: at Missouri
- South Carolina (4-4, 2-4) Next Week: vs Tennessee
- Arkansas (4-4, 0-4) Next Week: at #1 Mississippi State
- Tennessee (3-5, 0-4) Next Week: at South Carolina
- Vanderbilt (2-6, 0-5) Next Week: vs Old Dominion
*Game played on neutral field.