SEC Power Rankings Week 11
Auburn beat Ole Miss 35-31 and jumped Alabama to number three in this week’s power rankings. Auburn will have a tough time remaining there if Alabama beats LSU this weekend, with the game being in Baton Rouge. Ole Miss dropped down a spot to fifth this week, and should get back on the winning side this week against Presbyterian.
Mississippi State remained number one, after beating Arkansas by a touchdown at home. Arkansas has now lost 17 straight conference games, and with games against LSU, Ole Miss, and Missouri. They will have a tough time breaking that streak and would be last in the conference, if it wasn’t for Vanderbilt being so bad. I can’t believe that Vanderbilt won nine games last season, they are just plain awful.
The Commodores only beat Old Dominion 42-28 this past week, and this week they have to play Florida at home. The Gators are coming off a surprising win against Georgia. Florida moved up ahead of Texas A&M this week and are still in the east race. Georgia is now in second and on the outside looking in. The Bulldogs sill have games against Auburn and a decent Kentucky team.
Missouri took the lead in the east, after Florida upset Georgia. The Tigers beat Kentucky in a defensive game 20-10.
Tennessee beat South Carolina and moved ahead of them this week. The Gamecocks are struggling this season, and you have to wonder if Steve Spurrier will consider retirement. I said in my weekly picks that Tennessee was close to getting that much needed conference win. The Vols have a favorable schedule to end the season, and they have a shot in every game as long as Joshua Dobbs is the starting quarterback.
- Mississippi State (8-0, 5-0) Next Week: vs Tennessee-Martin
- Auburn (7-1, 4-1) Next Week: vs Texas A&M
- Alabama (7-1, 4-1) Next Week: at #19 LSU
- LSU (7-2, 3-2) Next Week: vs #6 Alabama
- Ole Miss (7-2, 4-2) Next Week: vs Presbyterian
- Georgia (7-2, 3-2) Next Week: at Kentucky
- Missouri (7-2, 4-1) Next Week: bye week
- Florida (4-3, 3-3) Next Week: at Vanderbilt
- Texas A&M (6-3, 2-3) Next Week: at #3 Auburn
- Kentucky (5-4, 2-4) Next Week: vs #11 Georgia
- Tennessee (4-5, 1-4) Next Week: bye week
- South Carolina (4-5, 2-5) Next Week: bye week
- Arkansas (4-5, 0-5) Next Week: bye week
- Vanderbilt (3-6, 0-4) Next Week: vs Florida